Monday, December 29, 2008
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Then she was ready to come in. Just to clarify, when I said "somebody" I didn't mean Mara. The boys stayed out for quite a while longer. Oh, how we love playing in the snow.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
The next two are of Cruz. He is on the top row in about the center. He is wearing a white shirt and tie. The boy next to him is very animated in his singing.
They both did such a good job. They were so proud of themselves, and I was proud of them, too.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
So, the day I have been dreading has come. Yesterday the Dr. put me on "moderate bed rest." What does that mean? Well, the good news is that I don't actually have to stay in bed. I can do things and go out, but I have to take it easy. I can't stay on my feet for too long, I can't be out for too long, and there is a long list of "can't do's." Ugh, right at Christmas. What great timing. This also means more frequent Dr. visits - Yuck! He also gave me some drugs to reduce my contractions. I really am greatful that it is only "moderate" and not "full bed rest." At least I can still get out.
And for those of you wondering... YES! We are still on for Book Club tonight at my house. I need my monthly fix of girl time.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
His blog is very interesting. He leaves blogging about the family to me, and he focusses on his interests. It's a great blog, so you should check it out, and while you're there you can give him a hard time about joining the blogging world.
Mara helping to roll pie crust.
Cruz adding ingredients to the stuffing.
Kenyon stirring the stuffing.
I love that the kids enjoy helping in the kitchen. It is definately more work and time consuming that way, but it is so worth it to spend the time together and allow them the chance to help with the dinner. They feel so proud when they see the finished product of something they helped to make. We had a great Thanksgiving this year and hope you did, too.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
My wonderful husband, Karl
My three beautiful children, and the one that hasn't made his appearance yet
My savior, Jesus Christ
My wonderful friends who I can relax and be myself with, even when I'm feeling silly
The large park behind my house that gives me that breathing room I need
Yummy food that I will eat entirley too much of today
I can finally put up my Christmas decorations
I am so thankful for all my many blessings. Happy Thanksgiving!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
They performed 2 songs and a poem. I was trying to record them, but they were each very short, and we didn't really get any warning when they would start, so I missed all but the last line of the first song and I missed the very beginning of the poem and last song. Here are the two that I mostly got. Kenyon is on the second row from the top right about center. Don't forget to turn off the music at the bottom before you start the videos.
Friday, November 21, 2008
This is an easy one. You copy and paste the entire list below and put the ones you have done/experienced in bold. So here's mine:
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person
101. Learned to play an instrument
I tag anyone who hasn't done it yet.
1.Where did you meet your husband? Arkansas
2.How long did you date before you got married? A little over a year including dating and engagement.
3. How long have you been married? 13 years
4. What does he do that suprises you? He likes to jump out from behind things and scare me. That ALWAYS surprises me.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? His eyes
6. What is his best quality? He treats me like a queen
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Yes, and that's all you're getting.
8. What is his favorite food? steak
9. What is his favorite sport? Basketball and Football
10. When and where did you first kiss? In my living room.
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Anything at all that involves just the two of us and no kids.
12. Do you have any children? 3 1/2
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He's so reserved around most people that pretty much everything about him is hidden. I would say the one thing about him that most people don't know is that he is one of the funniest people I know. He is hillarious, if you know him well enough for him to relax and be himself.
14. How old is he? 37
15. Who said "I love you" first? Me, luckily I got the "I love you" return.
16. What is his favorite music? Metallica
17. What do you admire most about him? He is a wonderful Dad. He loves to play with the kids, and he plays just as well with Mara as he does with the boys. I love to see him playing football one minute and dolls the next. He is also a fantasic husband. He takes such good care of me, and totally picks up the slack when I'm not feeling well.
18. What is his favorite color? Purple, but from his wardrobe you would guess red - Go Utes!
19. Will he read this? Yes
20. Who will you tag about this? If you haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Now we have to start thinking of names. We have such a hard time finding names we agree on. It took us forever to come up with Kenyon's name. I told Karl we are never going to find another boy's name we can agree on. So, we need suggestions. Nothing too trendy or too traditional. We like names that are a little different, but nothing strange. Send us your ideas.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Do frozen, dirty socks sound good to anyone? Yuck! They were Kenyons socks, and he had apparently got them wet, because they were frozen solid. We asked him if he had put them in the freezer and he said he wanted to see if they would get hard. What a funny kid!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
And this is what my kids were doing at 7:00.
They don't have to start getting ready for school until 8:00, so they got a full hour of snow play in before school. Of course, I had to throw their mittens in the dryer so they would be dry in time for school. I don't think you're supposed to dry them, but it didn't seem to hurt anything.
Contrary to what many people think, I do like the snow. I just think there should be no more snow after Jan. 31st. But until then I will enjoy every minute of it - unless I have to drive. Yikes!
We've got about 6 inches or so, and it is still coming down like crazy. Can you guess what we'll be doing after school? Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow... hopefully it won't melt before then.
Monday, November 3, 2008
At 10:30 I got to help with Kenyon's class party. That was a blast. I love to spend time in the kid's classes, but especially on fun days. Kenyon had a great time, and I think he enjoyed having me there.
When I got home, it was time to start putting up our scary decorations. I have certain decorations that I put out only on Halloween day, and they come back down the next day. It takes a little while to get them all up, but it's worth it.
Finally, going through the candy. The kids made quite a haul. I can't wait until the candy is gone and the constant sugar rush is finally over.
We LOVE Halloween, but I'm kind of relieved it's over. Now for Christmas. Oh, I guess there is a little something called Thanksgiving inbetween there. I just love all these holidays!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Going on the hayride. I've never done this when I was pregnant before, but I don't recommend it. I had forgotten how bumpy a hayride can be. UGH!
The boys went on the huge slide all by themselves.
Tons of our pictures had these glowing circles all over them. It took us a while to figure out what it was. It was VERY dusty and I guess the flash on the camera was catching all the dust in the air. Weird, huh?
Our favorite things about Hee Haw Farms...
All the animals
Jumping in the haystack
The big slides
The Corn Box