Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dr.'s Orders

Some of you already know that I have been having problems with having LOTS of contractions for quite a while now. I have them every single day and they come about 2 minutes apart. They last anywhere from 30 min. to 2 1/2 hrs. Sometimes they are just uncomfortable and sometimes they are extremely hard and painful.

So, the day I have been dreading has come. Yesterday the Dr. put me on "moderate bed rest." What does that mean? Well, the good news is that I don't actually have to stay in bed. I can do things and go out, but I have to take it easy. I can't stay on my feet for too long, I can't be out for too long, and there is a long list of "can't do's." Ugh, right at Christmas. What great timing. This also means more frequent Dr. visits - Yuck! He also gave me some drugs to reduce my contractions. I really am greatful that it is only "moderate" and not "full bed rest." At least I can still get out.

And for those of you wondering... YES! We are still on for Book Club tonight at my house. I need my monthly fix of girl time.

3 comments:

The Williamsons said...

You're right.. at least it's not full bed rest but still, right now would be a difficult time to stay put. Hang in there!!

Phae-Jae said...

Yuck! Well make your family spoil you oodles, OK!

Missy said...

That's a stinker. Hang in there. Let me know if I can do anything for you.