What a way to start the new year. Here is a rundown of our month.
1. Mara gets to ride in an ambulance to Primary Children's hospital.
2. Mara gets to go back to the hospital for a longer stay.
3. Mara gets pneumonia.
4. Shari falls down the stairs and puts her arm completely out of commission for about 4 days.
5. Cruz gets pneumonia.
6. Shari, Karl, and Kenyon catch colds (at least it wasn't pneumonia).
7. Cruz gets an ear infection.
Thank goodness January is over! Let's hope for better luck in February.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Of all the kids, Karl is the biggest kid of all. He and Cruz made a huge mountain of snow today. They spent well over an hour shoveling snow from all over the yard into one huge pile. Cruz had his own shovel out there helping his dad. He worked so hard. All the hard work payed off when he got to be "king of the mountain."
He doesn't look like he's having a bit of fun does he?
Too bad you can't see the smile on Karl's face. I think it's even bigger than Cruz's.
Every year we go to the Auto Expo in January. It's something of a family tradition. This year Shari, Mara, and Kenyon were sick, so Karl and Cruz were on their own. They had a blast, of course.
Cruz was "the man" and won a t-shirt, a baseball cap, and an ice scraper. When I asked him what he was going to do with the ice scraper he said, "I will save it and when I am a dad I can use it to get the snow off my van."
In the category of "Favorite Car," the winners are (drum roll).....
Oh, how we love to dream!