Sunday, September 7, 2008

First Day of School

So, I am finally getting to the first day of school. Cruz's 1st day was so fun for him. He wanted me to take him to school. When we got there they had some Army troops there with this big Hummer. The kids could get in the Hummer and the troops were giving the kids high-fives on their way into the school. He thought that was great! He had a great 1st day, and really liked his teacher.
The kindergarteners started school the next week. Kenyon was sooooo excited. I took him to school, but the principal was at the front door of the school not letting parents in. That upset me. I could see asking parents not to go into the classrooms, but at least let me make sure he gets to the right spot. I was not very happy about that. Luckily we had Cruz. Cruz took Kenyon's hand and took him to where he needed to go. I probably wouldn't have let him go if I didn't have Cruz. He had a great day and he loves his teacher. He got to ride the bus home for the first time at the end of the day. What a big boy he is. I can't believe I have two kids in school!

Kenyon's 2nd day of school he and Cruz got to get on the bus together in the morning. It was fun to see them getting on together. I can't believe how big my kids are getting!

2 comments:

Stacy and Justin said...

I can't believe that you have 2 in school either, pretty soon it will be three. They just grow up too fast!

Lloyd said...

Cruz and Kenyon are growing up all too fast for this grandma. Just enjoy every minute--it goes too quickly. Best of luck with their school year.